Re: [tlug] Kernel Panic has visited -

On 2018-06-12 23:27 +0900 (Tue), kts wrote:

> The database migration not so well… cp -a /old left user 129:123
> instead of mysql:mysql owner/group...

That was the mysql:mysql user and group. On the old system.

Remember, internally, on the filesystems, etc. all the users and
groups are identified by uid and gid. It's only when translated by
userland tools through `/etc/{passwd,group}` files that you see or can
use a name. If you change those files, you change the {u,g}id←→name
mapping.

> <https://www.pattonwebz.com/docker/multiple-wordpress-containers-proxy/>

>From my brief glance, it's a decent description of a nice little way
to run things. It's also something I was doing long before Docker.

cjs
--
Curt J. Sampson      <cjs@example.com>      +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.