Re: [tlug] Open source license (wikipedia)

> But I guess the model and the software that uses the model are two
> different things. ...
> Is the file format of the model very general?  Or is it in binary form?

Yes, it is a binary format, and will have completely different contents
each time you tweak some parameters, such as the hash size.

> I've always wonder what if a book is copyrighted but it lacks an
> index.  Then someone comes along and builds an index for that book,

That is another interesting example, isn't it.

You could partially reproduce the original: i.e. some of the words in
order, but 99% of the information you need would be missing. So, again,
my guess would be you could release your index under any license you wish.

Darren