Re: [tlug] Disposing of hard drives

Kalin KOZHUHAROV writes:

 > Media means the platters?

Yes.

 > > Do the remains need special handling, or can we just drop them in the
 > > non-burnable gomi?
 > >
 > If platters are bent and scratched - all is fine.

I'm not talking about the security aspect, rather whether the city is
likely to pick up the remains or leave them there with a nasty note
about trying to fool them into taking hazmat. :-)

 > But keep the magnets, they are strong and come in handy.

Indeed.  Asahi TV had a segment last night on how dangerous strong
magnets can be in the hands (and especially mouths) of children.

Steve