Re: [tlug] Chrome ate my profile

> I can only recommend to include browser profiles into whatever backup
> routine you have.

+1

After some weird UI crashes, when xfce font sizes and stuff were
different after a reboot, I put ~/.config/ into a github repository.

It has taken a lot of tweaking with .gitignore (I don't want noise from
files that are updated every 30 minutes). But it was educational to see
just what is going on under ~/.config.

Now, assuming I have got rid of most of the noise, what I really need is
a 30 minute cronjob to automate the git commits... 'cos I just looked
and my last commit was 6 weeks ago. :-)

Darren

P.S. The first line in .gitignore is this!!

   /chromium/

(BTW, Firefox is my main browser; .mozilla/firefox gets backed up twice
a week-ish).

My git commit entry says:

    Removed opera, chromium, Slack, Code from the git
    repository (as they were putting cache data in here,
    not just config)

I should probably have persevered with a more fine-grained .gitignore.