Re: [tlug] Chrome ate my profile

CL writes:

 > Do you synchronize your settings and history to a mail address?

You mean where Google, the FSB, China, and the NSA (these are the
folks I'm *least* worried about, they actually go through the FISA
court ;-) all have various degrees of access to it?  No.

 > Blur's app works in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Safari, so you're
 > covered for multiple forms of self abuse.

Is it open source?  If not, no thanks.  Altogether too many recent
scandals where vendors who are supposed to be putting security first
are actually selling slick UIs with security holes.

My critical security data is in a (usually) offline datadase (aka
"encrypted text file on a stick" backed up to a second USB stick in my
bank lockbox about once a quarter).  My important history is in an
online object database (aka "git").

I don't necessarily advise this level of paranoia, but that's my
"bitcoin" (bu-wha-ha-ha!) standard of security.

Steve