Re: [tlug] Tuesday at THS: "Sync and share your data with Syncthing"?

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
>>     Are you using Dropbox, Google drive or other proprietary sync or cloud
>>     services to store and access your data ? What if you could replace
>>     them with something open, trustworthy and decentralized ?
>>
>>     Syncthing is such an alternative. This open source client can securely
>>     share and sync data between devices without it being stored on a 3rd
>>     party provider.
>
> I'm very interested in this; shame I cannot make it.

Same here! Any chance to record and/or stream it?

> (If anyone knows of reliable Syncthing hosting, let me know!)

I have been toying with the idea (offering syncthing storage) for a
few months, but not looking yet for customers. May be beta testers?
Poking around running own discovery server these days (but on the back burner).
Ping me off-list, if you are interested as a company, individuals - later.

I still try to get the how the code works (or why), and I cannot fully
trust it yet.
I also had a few "data evaporated" cases that I couldn't debug, the
obvious one: took a few pictures with phone (Android), cannot find
them neither on phone, nor on syncthing-backend.

And I hate that there is no proper support for hard links (I want to
keep a big (5-10 GB) store of things (e.g. maps) shared read-only
between many devices, with "root" on a server; yes this is NOT P2P
mode, but I need it).

Cheers,
Kalin.