Re: [tlug] Tuesday at THS: "Sync and share your data with Syncthing"?

+1
for syncthing

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 07:51:41AM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:

> I'm very interested in this; shame I cannot make it. In our comparison
> with Dropbox (this is for integration into an app), Syncthing wins in
> all areas except for that "no 3rd party advantage": with Dropbox you can
> be sure it will be working 24/7, but Syncthing requires the user to run
> a server and guarantee that themselves.

I think dropbox had their outages, I see this point as advantage.
Especially as I know that the data stays in my hands.

syncthing clients use discover-servers for 'finding' each other, so
by default there is also a dependency.  One can run own discovery
servers though.

Chris