Re: [tlug] Tuesday at THS: "Sync and share your data with Syncthing"?

>     Are you using Dropbox, Google drive or other proprietary sync or cloud
>     services to store and access your data ? What if you could replace
>     them with something open, trustworthy and decentralized ?
>
>     Syncthing is such an alternative. This open source client can securely
>     share and sync data between devices without it being stored on a 3rd
>     party provider.

I'm very interested in this; shame I cannot make it. In our comparison
with Dropbox (this is for integration into an app), Syncthing wins in
all areas except for that "no 3rd party advantage": with Dropbox you can
be sure it will be working 24/7, but Syncthing requires the user to run
a server and guarantee that themselves.

(If anyone knows of reliable Syncthing hosting, let me know!)

Darren