Re: [tlug] Presentations you would like to hear?

On 02/15/2018 08:13 PM, Alexey Rusakov wrote:
Regarding topics I'd be interested in - it'd be great to hear about virtualised computing and networking (Kubernetes, SDN/NFV, OpenStack etc.)

I work at Axsh (https://axsh.jp) and that stuff is exactly our thing so I could always put together a presentation. Disclaimer: We don't really use (Kubernetes, SDN/NFV, OpenStack) and have our own in-house (but open source) solutions instead. (OpenVNet, OpenVDC, Wakame-vdc) I don't really have much experience with the more known software suites like the ones you list but I could say some more generic stuff on the topic or give a demo of some of our stuff.

We're also working on this network switch, Linux box hybrid that basically gives you an environment in which you can design virtual topologies and then plug in physical devices like firewalls, routers etc. into them. The main use case we're looking at is automated testing of network infrastructure. I could bring one of those hybrid switches and give a live demo.

Or if TLUG doesn't work out, you're also welcome to drop by our office for a beer and a demo some time. :)