[tlug] Urxvt, Source Code Pro Font and Braille Patterns

Curt Sampson writes:

 > I'm using urxvt with the following font list:
 >
 >     xft:Source Code Pro:size=10
 >     xft:Source Han Sans
 >     xft:Monospace:size=10

Have you tried switching that last two?  There are crappy fonts out
there that claim support for characters though they lack glyphs.  I
don't much about urxvt, but I assume that all this is conditioned
through fontconfig (Xft technically is responsible for rendering
fonts, fontconfig for selection and telling Xft where to find them).
It could be something in either your fonts.conf or the system's:

https://www.freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig/fontconfig-user.html

 > Also, does anybody know of a good tool for browsing XFT fonts?
 > `xfontsel` works only for bitmap fonts, it seems.

The only tools I use are fc-list and fc-match (piped to sed etc).
There's a tool called gnome-font-viewer in MacPorts which is pretty
crappy.