Re: [tlug] Urxvt, Source Code Pro Font and Braille Patterns

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 04:59:06PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> So, any suggestions on other fonts to try, whether fallback or just to
> completely replace Source Code Pro? (Japanese support is of course a
> must, here.)

I'm using

  URxvt.font:                         xft:Fantasque Sans Mono:style=Regular:size=15,\
                                      xft:IPAGothic:antialias=false,\
                                      xft:DejaVu Serif
  URxvt.boldFont:                     xft:Fantasque Sans Mono:style=Bold,\
                                      xft:IPAGothic:style=bold:antialias=false,\
                                      xft:DejaVu Sans Mono:style=bold,\
                                      xft:DejaVu Serif:style=bold
  URxvt.letterSpace:                  -1
  URxvt.italicFont:                   xft:Fira Sans:style=Italic
  URxvt.boldItalicFont:               xft:Fira Sans:style=Medium Italic

where DejaVu Serif is my "fallback" font for unusual characters, and
I like to zoom in/zoom out with Ctrl+Up/Down on the fly

  URxvt.perl-ext-common:              default,matcher,font-size
  URxvt.keysym.C-Up:                  font-size:increase
  URxvt.keysym.C-Down:                font-size:decrease

because the Japanese font feels a bit small sometimes.

> Also, does anybody know of a good tool for browsing XFT fonts?
> `xfontsel` works only for bitmap fonts, it seems.

I recommend fontmatrix.