Re: [tlug] New Math

On 12/26/2017 03:58 PM, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

On Dec 26, 2017 02:16, "CL" <az.4tlug@example.com> wrote:
Any suggestions as to how I can achieve bootup with the HDDs connected?

What's your PSU like, any chance that you get a voltage drop when the 6 drives spin? If you have a scope, or other fast DVM (with min/max value storing), have a look on the 5V and 12V rails. Or if it is a cheap and especially old PSU, it might sag the 3.3V.

Cheers,
Kalin.

The PSU is a 650W Keihan purchased within the past 18 months at a PC Depot hangaku sale.  I use the same DVM for both my PCs and motorcycles, but haven't broken it out for this project ... yet.  However, when I calculated worst case load based upon published data, I concluded, without real world testing, that the box was probably underpowered and ought to have 750W~850W to perform at peak levels under all load conditions.  When this problem began, one of my first conjectures was that my calculations were optimistic and more power was needed.  Another personal contact concluded the same, after learning of the same details..