Re: [tlug] The TLUG / Gmail Adventure

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 09:26:09AM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> > and some other mail. For the past several days, my TLUG account has been
> > inaccessible on Thunderbird due to a rejected password.  All attempts to enter
> > and save said P/W result in a loop telling me to type in my P/W and a popup
> > telling me to log in one time with my browser.  This is not happening with any
> > of the other Gmail accounts...
>
> You have other gmail accounts in Thunderbird working?

Not fixing your issue directly, but pointing out what I use
instead:
one can register a single gmail account, i.e. user@example.com,
and then becomes reachable under user+something@example.com .
Very handy, allows you to distinguish who handed out your
address, and you get to keep all of the mails in one account.

Just using this for rather unimportant things, for everything
else I use postfix on a dedicated server.  It allows aliases
like something@ to be forwarded to a single account.

cheers,
Chris