[tlug] TLUG Bonenkai -- Suggestion

Hi all,

I am not sure if anybody is organising or intends to organise a year end party. I suspect that nothing is being organised already and if so, then I would like to make a suggestion for a different kind of party.

I found this place at Shinjuku Gyoenmae. It is a rental party space, seats 20 people, fully equipped kitchen, costs 2,5000 JPY to rent from 17:00 to 22:00.

We could get a vat or two of nice craft beer and I'd volunteer to cook a nice full course meal, although to serve 20 people I'd need a helping hand from at least one more volunteer.

To give you a bit of background, I was trained as a chef when I did my (then mandatory) military service and volunteered for eight years as a chef for the civil defence forces. More recently, I am jobbing for two days a week as a part-time chef at a Belgian brasserie in Ginza.

Of course we could just rent a room in a restaurant and let them take care of drinks and food but we probably get better value for money DIY. I also like to think it would be more fun/memorable this way.

If we wanted to do this, we would have to make up our mind soon because the number of evenings where the place at Gyoenmae is available is already limited and it may soon become booked out.

Please share whether you like the idea or not, whether you'd be in, what budget you'd consider, whether you'd be willing to help or whatever other ideas/thoughts you might want to contribute.

regards
benjamin