Re: [tlug] VoIP help

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 04:06:27AM +0200, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:

> [..]
> ISP --- router/fw --CAT6-- FritzBox :::DECT:::handset (x3)
> [..]
> Since changing provider is kind of impossible, I am left with 3 options:
> 1. Find a device that will replace the FritzBox, say up to EUR300
> 2. Add some kind of gateway/proxy that will register the FritzBox and
> transparently pass all calls to and from provider and can run on cheap
> hardware
> 3. Add inline "packet injector" to return "200 OK" to any REGISTER messages

I am not aware of a complete distro for Fritzboxen, but there is
http://freetz.org/ which is 'repackaging' the firmware images from
AVM including customizations like ssh server and other software.

I would have a look with that on which software they use for
SIP and if it can be modified directly on the box.

cheers,
Chris