From: Darren Cook [mailto:darren@example.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2017 12:15 AM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Recommendation on watching European/American/Independent movies/TV programs in Japan?

> My wife wants to know how to watch
> European/American/Australian/International/Independent movies/TV
> programs in Japan in a β€œlegit” way while willing to pay whatever the
> enterprise for the β€œrent” they seek.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

And that was just staying within the U.S. :-)

I think the legit version of the service you want is impossible. There are way too many vested interests in distributing media based on geographical regions.

How is Amazon Prime video in Japan? The UK version seems very U.S.
centric to me, and at least the Amazon own content appears to be getting released at the same time. There are also lots of "featured channels"
(which require an extra subscription) that cover foreign movies and special interests.

(I've been using an ipad; just tried in Linux Firefox and got told I'm missing a "digital rights component", which makes it sound like it is doable - the same thing Raymond mentioned for Netflix.)

Darren