[tlug] Recommendations for a small, cheap laptop / netbook for travel with a Japanese keyboard

Does anyone have any suggestions for a light, cheap laptop or netbook
or something for travelling with that they've confirmed works without
drama with Ubuntu or some similar Linux? I always seem to have trouble
when I buy the cheapest thing on the internet.

Requirements are:
* Can run Chrome under some Linux distro, preferably Ubuntu
* Battery that will last at least a few hours, preferably 8 or so
* Japanese keyboard, not too nasty
* Reasonably light
* Cheap enough that I don't care too much if it gets stolen

Edmund Edgar
Founder, Social Minds Inc (KK)
Twitter: @edmundedgar
Linked In: edmundedgar