Re: [tlug] Japan Phone experts?

Excellent, thank you. Exactly what I needed to know.

Kevin

On Sep 28, 2017, at 19:20, Vitalie CIubotaru <vitalie@ciubotaru.tokyo> wrote:

28.09.2017, 18:26, "kts" <kts@example.com>:
  Q1: How does one move/take my JP phone number from Softbank to another SIM provider? Anyone here done this? Is this moving limited to Japanese carriers only? Other options for keeping my japan number alive (think “number parking” with online call forwarding switch/routing to current device/number…)?

1. Visit Softbank shop. Cancel constract AND ask for MNP (mobile number portability) reservation number.
2. Visit your new provider's shop (or website in case of cheaper carriers). Sign up for their services AND provide MNP number from step 1.
3. New carrier will use NMP number to request your phone number from the old carrier.

Best regards,

Vitalie Ciubotaru