Re: [tlug] Access X11 app over the Internet

Hi Jim,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Jim Tittsler <jwt-tlug@example.com> wrote:
> It has been a while since I needed to use an X11 application remotely.
> Years ago I used VNC through an SSH tunnel, and then later NoMachine.
> What is the current best practice for a primarily text and occasional
> graph based application?

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of something completely different but do
you mean accessing an X11 application remotely from a Windows
computer?  I haven't had to for a while, but what I used to use is
Xming:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xming .  According to Wikipedia,
you now have to donate but older versions on sourceforge are still
free (not sure what that means...).  But their web site
(http://www.straightrunning.com/XmingNotes/) seems to list these
public domain versions.

Ray