Re: [tlug] Searching for a scientific paper

Hi Attila,

If you can't find it in the proceedings, I guess we can't rule out the possibility that the paper doesn't exist.  I see many people have cited it.  It's possible none of them have actually read it and are citing it because someone else did...

Let's hope that isn't the case and think of what else you can try...

As the paper is so old, you'll have to rule out the possibility of a digitised copy.  If you work for a university or know someone that does, the university librarian might be able to track it down for you.  You can also try the publisher of the proceedings.  If you can find out the affiliation of Goto (i.e. through papers by that author around that time on a similar topic), you can try asking the department or faculty.  I should warn you that I tried to do this once and because the professor retired, the person who replied to me didn't bother helping me.  (Technically, s/he isn't required to.)

Lastly, of all the recent papers that have cited it, let's hope one of them read it or if they can't (since it's in Japanese) at least have a copy before citing it.  Try contacting one of these authors.

I hope this helps!

Ray