Re: [tlug] Recovering Data from a Dead Tablet

On 08/01/2017 06:51 PM, Curt Sampson wrote:
If so, the module could be removed and read in another system with an
appropriate connector, perhaps by using a laptop with the same
connector internally and booting the laptop from an external drive.
General update:

That will join the "next things to try" on my list. I also wanted to thank Francois for the link he provided. I don't know what's inside, yet. I am thinking / hoping that the disk is a typical unprotected disk and the files can be read directly and copied off once they're accessed.

I tried to connect the device to a Lubuntu desktop system using a USB cable with a charge / data link switch on the connector and it could not be found. As Darren noted, the screen is not displaying -- I see nothing but a greyish background and stripes of muted colors interspersed with black - white flashes of the entire screen. Things are going on at the machine level, but they cannot be seen or reacted to. Touchscreen capability is not working and I am not able to log in. I did originally set login up to be password protected, which seemed like a good idea at the time. The device doesn't respond to a ping and isn't seen on my network(s).

CL