Re: [tlug] silicon cash eater

On 06/29/2017 07:01 AM, dblomber wrote:
This is why I have been waiting for larger disk. to date the largest
disk I have found was 4G. I have to admit I have stopped really checking
after the last few years as the disk companies seem to have stopped
making larger ones when the SSD craze hit.

David
4Tb seems to be the new sweet spot for pricing, but even the local PC Depot out here in Deepest Inaka has Toshiba, WD, and Seagate consumer grade and business grade HDDs in 2, 4, 6, and 8Tb size on their shelves. Hitachi is advertising business grade, inert gas filled 12Tb as "available" out here. Not as cheap as, say a trip into Aki to visit Tsukumo, but available NOW, and, as Dr. Turnbull will tell you, more with nowness has certain economic value that you can compare to a deeper discount combined with thenness.

CL