Re: [tlug] silicon cash eater

On Jun 26, 2017, at 05:02, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 5:31 PM, Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com> wrote:
Do it like this guy and have a 10W idle / 69W under load machine with a
51W TDP skylake.

https://mattgadient.com/2016/07/30/building-a-low-power-pc-on-skylake-10-watts-idle/

You can probably go a little bit lower with the 35W TDP low power
desktop skylake / kaby lake CPUs. If you want to go lower still, you'll
probably need to go for those 15W TDP mobile CPUs on NUCs or notebook
computers.

Yep, I had quite a few NUCs for work (i5 and i7), they run 4K displays

You might want to consider one of those ...

Made in Great Britain.

The R50 has a power consumption of 2W standby, 7.5W idle and 36.5W full load.

5 year warranty, Dual Core 2.3 GHz i3, max 32GB RAM, Gigabit LAN, 802.11ac, BT 4.2, SATA-III, 4x USB 3.0, can drive two 4K displays, ships with Linux pre-installed if ordered that way.

PS: I am not affiliated with the company, there is no ulterior motive in this suggestion.

reds
benjamin