Re: [tlug] remote access to server

one thing I do is setup a forwarding "gateway" which does a full hard-reset and re-image of the system when modified,

and that way compromising the intended box is honeytrapped at the disposable proxy.

It's just an rpi that I access remotely then step-sideways (repeat ssh across the lan to the actual server at home).

basically it self-validates and refuses writes to the SDcard (occassionally checking the card by imaging it to a server and reading back a sha256 sum,  matching == safe) (the server provides network image access and rootfs.  only the minimal bootstrap image is "essential".

anything "modified" forces a full cutout and fresh fs image