Re: [tlug] Dealing with a possibly busted external HD

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 3:18 PM, Claus Aranha <caranha@example.com> wrote:
>> But DIY (destroy it yourself) is also quite easy, and free :-).
>>

> Probably what I am going to do in the end, I was just wondering if
> there was a less messy way to go about it.

As it was suggested, the fastest/cleanest "DIY" is to hammer a
screwdriver in a few places through the platters (old one or 100 yen
one).
Both + and - ones, most any size works, LoL

Take a picture showing the result and the serial number and here you
have a proof.
Of course, it mostly useless, since I guess you have not tracked your
data in there, so noone knows what data you are destroying on _that_
drive.

Cheers,
Kalin.