[tlug] FireFox's Demise

I woke up this morning after a memorable past week. I knew March 7th was
coming and somehow preparing for it but not until it actually happens, you
scale the magnitude of the stupidity made by people confined to their cubicles.

I won't continue to guess why people do what they do when you actually read
"yeah, we remove those plugins because they're slow/they crash, they make up
the security circus, nonetheless, we stay with ADOBE *FLASH* for heaven's
sake, because they're... cool. They helped modern web." Cool people probably.
I guess they discussed that decision in length, right?

There are tons of legit web Java uses for business in particular. Even if
Oracle abandoned it. All those remote control cards that only me in my VLAN is
accessing. Put up a damn switch on it, damn it! Maintain an enable/disable
switch for the plugin interface. Warn in plain language what it means and let
the end-user decide.

I'm rolling back to SeaMonkey on my GTK-based desktops for now.  SeaMonkey
will probably assume ThunderBird's further development too. I hope so.

In the end, less and less people can rightfully stand for freedom, fairness
and independence in this business. Now Mozilla, something trying to make money
with one-half of a web browser. Racing towards version 100th by deprecating
features.

One less viable browser for Linux world. Thank you. Fernando.