Re: [tlug] Tlug Digest, Vol 135, Issue 2

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull.stephen.fw@example.com> wrote:

> Did you ever get this resolved?

Yes, thank you for asking!

> I wouldn't be surprised if something got plugged/unplugged
> and the USB devices got enumerated in a different order,

Actually, I first tried running "lsusb" in a terminal and then

adding the device address in the config file, to no avail.

Then I decided to run the scanner from Windoze, I have a

machine with Win 7 on it just for special occasions such as

some printing/scanning jobs, but especially running my strip

DRM software for backing up books and my blu-ray/DVD

backup software and ripping for playing on other devices.

Win 7 had always recognized the scanner, but refused to find

it now, too. But both Linux and Win could print on that device.

I decided it had to be a hardware issue and went out and

bought an Epson EP709A. Seems that one is too new to

have a Linux driver, so I am stuck running it from Windoze.

Hopefully a driver will show up by September when I come

back to Japan from Montana. I am still teaching 2nd

semester as a 名誉教授, but spring/summers I intend to

spend in Montana as a 21-acre gentleman rancher from

now on. Leaving Tuesday. Any TLUGers want to have a

party in the Bitterroot Valley, let me know!

Anyway, thanks, Steve. I appreciate your suggestions!

Ralph