Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?

On 2017-02-14 07:52, Darren Cook wrote:
What are people using? Or what choices do you not recommend?

IMHO, any option is better than skype.

For both convinience and security, I use jitsi. That be either
used on their installment on https://meet.jit.si, or just by
hosting it yourself. Does not need registration.

just making and sharing the url below works.

https://meet.jit.si/{your unique chat room url you've just made up}

I'd also recommend other people's recommendations around Riot/Matrix,
or Tox and Ring( ring.cx ) is also improving a lot using p2p tech.

In case you're utilizing skype for some team chat too, you can switch
to Rocket.chat or Mattermost, or again a Matrix powered federated chat
system like riot.im (as others've suggested).

Furkan Mustafa