Re: [tlug] Skype or Something Better?

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:52:58PM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> I may have misunderstood, but I heard the Linux Skype client will be
> retired from service on March 1st. (Old clients on Mac and Windows too,
> but the difference there is that they have newer versions to upgrade to.)
> (Apparently Linux users will still be able to use the web client.)

A 'usually well informed' German linux news page gathered informations
and asked Microsoft, they concluded that Linux user will not be left
without anything, the current (old) client will stay working.

I am just using linphone sometimes for sip, and companywide we use
bluejeans - but it is not free and not opensource.

Chris