Re: [tlug] Um, so... systemd?

On Sun, Jan 15, 2017 at 11:41:18PM +0900, Ikenna Osakwe wrote:
> Except systemd seems takes on more than SMF
> did. I'm fine with it so long as it works.

Which brings me to my major concern with everything systemd, and the
most egregious problem with it, which is the lack of proper QA/testing
of major systemd releases.

They release often, they release quickly, and despite releases having
major version numbers they often contain defects which would be labelled
RC bugs in other projects.

The only systemd release that is considered stable by upstream is
probably the one included in RHEL/CentOS (even there were some
letdowns). Everything else is just "testing".

By now, distros manage this trait of the systemd suite well enough
though. Just don't pull from Debian Unstable/Experimental or rolling
distros without checking open bug reports first.

Personally, I've found systemd to be very neat in some aspects.