[tlug] Any Finance Types?

Debian Jessie 8.5 user.

Anyone using a reader / parser that runs in Debian to read / review -- but not manipulate -- XBRL files? The only thing I've been able to find is Visor, which runs on WIN and has an extremely painful price tag several times the monetary value of the current project.

I have been tasked with reviewing and doing a quick and dirty analysis / commentary on a set of annual + quarterly corporate financial reports for three recent fiscal years (four quarterlies and one annual per year). They were delivered to me as .zip files consisting of five individual .zip files that each contain one report in XBRL. One report seems to be a collection of separate files under a .csv header file that has lower trees filled with .xls, .xlr, and .html files that get loaded into ... something ... which then turns pretty on screen. Running the .csv file by itself gives a page full of mojibake.

I can use Excel / LibreOffice Calc to examine the taxonomy extensions, because that's one way they get created. But, I can't see the final report in Calc, Math, or Database. I've searched online for other readers, but get zero hits in five different search engines. When I do these reviews for Japanese companies, I get the reports as .pdf but foreign corporations seem to dig passing around raw data.