[tlug] 舟を編む The Great Passage

Ages ago, Jim Breen <jimbreen@example.com> wrote:

> As luck has it, one of the in-flight films showing at the moment
> on Singapore Airlines flights is the recent 舟を編む, which is about
> the compilation of a new 国語辞典 called "大渡海" (shades of 広辞苑,
> 大辞林, etc.) I watched it on Monday on my way to Asialex in Bali.
> It's based on a novel by 三浦しをん - the central character is a geekish
> guy who is strong on words and, well, not good at personal relationships.
> [...]
> Catch it if you can. I very much doubt if it will have a commercial release
> outside Japan, but hopefully subtitled DVDs will get out.

I did get the chance to watch the movie on your recommendation and liked
it a lot, thanks.

The reason I mentioned this is because the novel is getting an adaption
into anime, and it is currently showing on Fuji TV / Amazon Prime
Video this season, for those who are interested. (The wikipedia page
mentioned below is updated with info about the anime too.)

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>