Re: [tlug] Server monitoring/graphing

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016, Attila Kinali wrote:

The biggest problem is that MRTG is unable to handle negative numbers.
Then there is the issue that MRTG is not made to plot more than 4 values
in the same graph.

Have you tried Cacti or Zabbix? This is what some of my customers use.

I was under the impression that most people moved away from Cacti again.
I haven't had a look at Zabbix yet.

Attila,
Yeah Cacti is showing it's age, Zabbix probably is not what you're looking for either.

You can certainly do what you want above with RRDtool
	http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/gallery/index.en.html
	http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/

You might check out:
	http://www.librenms.org

	https://lkhill.com/using-influxdb-grafana-to-display-network-statistics/

If you like pthon check out matplotlib.pyplot

Tim Osburn
080-4633-4671
https://www.osburn.com
W7RSZ / JG1MBR