[tlug] nomikai/Tokyo Rubyist conflict

Curt Sampson writes:
 > On 2016-10-07 07:14 +0900 (Fri), Edward Middleton wrote:
 >
 > >       TLUG - Tokyo Linux Users Group "nomikai"
 > >       Date:    October 14, 2016 (Friday)
 >
 > Argh. Right on top of the Tokyo Rubyist meetup[1]. :-(
 >
 > [1]: https://trbmeetup.doorkeeper.jp/events/52570
 >
 > Interestingly enough, they're doing a talk on "Economics for Ruby
 > Programmers," too. I'm not sure how scared I should be by such an
 > idea, but I was kinda hoping Steven would come by to put them in
 > line where they stray. (Also, I need to have a chat with him about
 > MMT at some point.)

Not gonna happen.  I have a regular Friday commitment (amusingly
enough given where this thread went, a musical one) near Meidai-mae on
the Keio Line.  I could easily be in Shibuya around 9:30 -- just when
things break up there -- snag the speaker and I can jump him when he's
tired and drunk. ;-)

MMT = manual muscle testing?  (per Google top hits)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Monetary_Theory#Criticisms (and
you can stop reading when you reach "Marc Lavoie").  What he said.
Can we drink now?

Regards,