Re: [tlug] Server monitoring/graphing

> So, the question is, is there any easy to use monitoring tool out
> there that doesn't feel like a pangalactic space cruiser for people
> who only want to see what's going on with their servers?

I can recommend netdata[0] done by (mostly) one of the firehol people.

It's a monitoring system with a performant core written in C which
implements polling logic that is used either with modules written also
in C, Python, or, better yet, simple shell scripts or any other program
that can writes to stdout according to a specific protocol.

Besides having a fully-featured web frontend that uses lots of JS and
CSS to create dashboard eyecandy, its core is independent from that
interface and it can also spit out RRD statistics, if you need that.

It's very simple to set up and customize. I like it, I use it.

--
[0] http://my-netdata.io/
    https://github.com/firehol/netdata