Re: [tlug] Software Engineering work in Tokyo

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM, Simon Luppescu
<simon.luppescu@example.com> wrote:
> I am a US and Japanese dual citizen and I speak English and Japanese
> fluently.
>
> Does anyone know of any specific companies in Japan that hire software
> engineers from America, besides the giant famous tech companies, such as
> Google, Amazon, Intel, etc.? Startups or large companies are welcome.

You can give this web site a try, which is for Japanese-English bilinguals:

http://www.careerforum.net/?lang=E

In particular, there is a Career's Forum next month in LA with others
later on in Boston and San Francisco.  IMHO, it's worth taking a
couple of days off and flying there (or driving).  Even if you come up
empty handed, at least you can figure out what companies' HR divisions
are looking for.

When I went (so very long time ago), some places would accept CVs and
give on-the-spot interviews.  If you go, it'd be great to hear what
it's like.  I'm curious if it's changed...

Good luck!

Ray