Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Employment for "oldies"
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 18:06:34 +0900
- From: BALUTA Chris <email@example.com>
- Subject: [tlug] Employment for "oldies"
- User-agent: Mutt/1.5.21 (2010-09-15)
I'm in a "transitional period" and a conversation at the latest TLUG meeting has me realizing and fearing that perhaps a big transition may be in order. My specific concern, beyond finding a job, is this: I am knocking on the door of 50. Just how viable is it to start (largely) a career and to maintain employment through to retirement? (The comment at the meeting that drives me to post was something like "once you hit 50, they pretty much just toss your resume into the garbage.") Will I find myself going from short-term contract to short-term contract, or is it a "reasonable" hope to find long-termish work? Any insight, advice (and experience shared) would be greatly appreciated! -Chris  http://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/AJ201606200006.html among others. (And no -- it wasn't me!!)
- [tlug] Employment for "oldies"
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Best communications-enabled, efficient visit
- Next by Date: [tlug] Employment for "oldies"
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Best communications-enabled, efficient visit
- Next by thread: [tlug] Employment for "oldies"
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links