Re: [tlug] Best communications-enabled, efficient visit

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Benjamin Kowarsch <trijezdci@example.com> wrote:
> On 16 June 2016 at 20:28, Darren Cook wrote:
>> A dual-sim, sim-free phone gives you the best of both :-)
>
> Darren, it certainly saves you the hassle of fiddling with tiny SIMs when
> you want to switch between them, but last time I checked, there were no
> dual-transceiver phones that would allow you to have both SIMs signed in to
> a network concurrently. You had to switch between them. While one SIM was
> signed in, the other was not.

AFAIK, multiple SIMs use the same baseband radio, think of it more
like network card with multiple IP addresses.
I've read about some quad-SIM phones often used in Asia.

Hmm, Wikipedia kind of disagrees with me. Well, I tried:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_SIM

Somewhat recent phone that I was looking at:
http://www.androidcentral.com/dual-sim-unlocked-phones-do-you-need-one

Cheers,
Kalin.