Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input

Still no luck with Japanese text input.  It toggles between En and Jp,
but all it (functionally) does is switch the keyboard from an English
keyboard layout to a Japanese keyboard layout.

Meanwhile - there's an issue with disappearing application menus... a
known bug apparently:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/762137/applications-menu-missing-from-menu-bar

Lyle

--