Re: [tlug] Google Apps for Work

On 2016-05-10 12:44 +0200 (Tue), Christian Horn wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:48:38PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
>
> > In many cases, leaving your documents stored on Google's servers is
> > (sometimes considerably) more secure than usual document handling
> > practices in companies that don't take special pains about security.
>
> I had other parties in mind having "legal by American law"
> access to the servers.

In fact, those are some of the parties I have in mind, too. While Google
certainly will give up your data when presented with an executive order
or whatever it is, at least you've got that much protection. You attach
a document to an e-mail and the NSA and friends get it automatically
without even having to ask.

> Yes, but additionally seeing changes of others onthefly is nice.
> The client would then have to poll for changes, or have kind of
> agreement to get notified by the server about changes.

Oh, I don't know about that. One thing I really like about typical
version control systems is you don't see all the crap changes, you just
see the ones that people thought were worth publishing ("committing," in
VCS lingo).

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974