Re: [tlug] Running without Gnome/KDE/xfce/whatever. (was: Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input)

On 2016-04-29 at 01:28:51 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Cliff's notes version: UIM is the I18N (internationalization)
> component of input ... Anthy is the L10N (localization) component

Your "Cliff's Notes version" was helpful, thank you!

I'll probably ask later (in a new thread) about suggestions for which
software to use instead of UIM & Anthy, or if that choice is still a
good one.

__
Daniel A. Ramaley  |  Server Engineer 2
Information Technology Services (ITS) | Drake University

T: +1 515 271-4540
F: +1 515 271-1938
E: daniel.ramaley@example.com