[tlug] xauth vs ssh (was: Running without Gnome/KDE/xfce/whatever.)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 18:32:35 +0900
"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> wrote:

> Attila Kinali writes:
>
>  > But [remote X access security] was mostly solved by ssh and its
>  > x-forwarding a looong time ago.
>
> Not really.  It solves the problem of snooping on the X protocol
> stream.  But it doesn't solve the problem of evil remote clients
> snooping on other clients' windows via X protocol.  That's why ssh -x
> has a concept of "trusted clients".
>
> *sigh* Security is *very* hard....

Oh.. well.. I didn't look at that from this perspective at all.
Yes, X11 is not a secure protocol. And ssh was for me not a way
to make the connection secure, but rather a convenient way to
run x11 applications remotely :-)

				Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.