[tlug] genetic algorithm/optimization framework

Moin,

While i'm writing here anyways... a small question:

Does anyone have a recomendation for a genetic algorithm/optimization
framework? I have a problem that would be best solved with such a system
(intractable, highly non-linear problem, with no way of having anything
that can be fed into another optimization algorithm).

I googled a bit but most of the stuff out there is optimized for
single objective optimization with a very simple model of a genome
(usually lists of fixed length). While i would ideally use an list
of variable length of structs, or a tree like structure.

DEAP seems to be ok, but has the problem that it can support at least
a tree depth of 80-90, which is way too small. MOEA looks better,
but any usefull documentation is only available for $$$ which i'm not
willing to spend before i actually know whether it can do what i want.
The others are either non-open source or are lacking severly at
the documentation.

Of course, i could write my own framework, but that would take
more time than i want to spend... and reinventing the wheel
sucks, even if all other wheels are square.

			Attila Kinali
use without that foundation.