Re: [tlug] Running without Gnome/KDE/xfce/whatever.

> Speaking of VMs, does anybody have any recommendations for scripting
> access to sites that use Javascript to manipulate the DOM directly and
> are inconvenient to deal with by hand because the UI sucks?

PhantomJS/SlimerJS are the tools for this; but then use CasperJS which
is a higher-level tool on top of them.

> But that's so ... dirty.  What would be nice is an embedded JS
> interpreter (preferably in Python).

For the above you write in JavaScript.

You could also look at Selenium, which is Java but (I think) has a
python interface. (I used to use Selenium, but switched to the above
tools about 2-3 years ago, as they are so much easier to use.)

Darren