Re: [tlug] Running without Gnome/KDE/xfce/whatever. (was: Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input)

Josh Glover writes:
 > On 27 April 2016 at 07:32, Kalin KOZHUHAROV <me.kalin@example.com> wrote:
 >
 > > WindowMaker on xorg (in Gentoo) here.
 >
 > OpenBox on xorg (in Gentoo). I need all my CPU

Only one CPU? ;-)

 > for BEAM and the JVM and stuff like that. ;)

Speaking of VMs, does anybody have any recommendations for scripting
access to sites that use Javascript to manipulate the DOM directly and
are inconvenient to deal with by hand because the UI sucks?  I think
most of the JS is pretty simple (just downloads preformatted HTML), so
I can probably just write the script assuming that the form elements
can be treated as "WYSIWYG".

But that's so ... dirty.  What would be nice is an embedded JS
interpreter (preferably in Python).