Re: [tlug] Running without Gnome/KDE/xfce/whatever. (was: Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input)

On 2016-04-27 18:27 +0900 (Wed), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> I think dbus probably gets run somewhere in there on Debian.  There's
> too much s**t that barfs, spasms, and dies if dbus isn't available
> (why?)

As Attila pointed out, it's pretty much the standard for IPC these days.
And sensibly enough, too; from both a security and a convenience point
of view it's a lot better than having piles of individual Unix domain
sockets lying around, each running its own protocol.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs@example.com>         +81 90 7737 2974

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.