Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input

You can try to install ibus-mozc or ibus-anthy...

On Apr 24, 2016 7:21 PM, "Lyle H Saxon" <llletters@example.com> wrote:
I did an English language install of Ubuntu 16.04-LTS (32-bit, as it's
a fairly low-spec machine) and while it indicated that it was
installing Japanese support (due to the location being Japan), and it
toggles between "En" and "JP", Japanese text input isn't working.
Searching on-line, I am only coming up with fixes for older versions.
(I had to manually change several settings to get it working with
14.04-LTS previously, but those fixes no longer work.)

Anyone else in the group running 16.04-LTS?  Any suggestions?

Lyle