Re: [tlug] Ubuntu 16.04-LTS Japanese Text Input

On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 08:21:56PM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 01:57:30AM +0200, Christian Horn wrote:
> >
> > ibus is beeing developed quite actively:
> > https://desktopi18n.wordpress.com/
> > https://github.com/ibus/ibus
> >
> > Seems like integration into ubuntu has issues, on other distros
> > like Fedora it's default and works nicely for me.
> >
> Excellent, thank you.  On Fedora, are you using it with Gnome or something
> else?

Gnome is getting most testing, but it also works nicely here for me
on WindowMaker.
I use the kkc (https://github.com/ueno/ibus-kkc) and anthy as input
method engines.

The way I run ibus with wmaker is

- to use the old style .xsession file
- then use the following ibus related commands inside:
        export IMSETTINGS_INTEGRATE_DESKTOP=yes
        ibus-daemon --xim --daemonize
        export IMSETTINGS_MODULE=ibus
        export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus