Re: [tlug] Why I don't read TechRepublic

Matt Asay is on my "don't read" list of Tech Republic authors for more reasons than just those two examples. I find Jack Wallen to be much more even and balanced -- except for his never ending desire to see Ubuntu come out on top of the Linux heap. I subscribe to five of their newsletters and find the usable content to be a very small percentage of the total, but when that little bit is good, it is very good.

CBS-owned CNET is downright scary with it's "If you don't shut off your ad blocker, we're not going to let you watch this feature." and the forty-odd cookies they want you to accept in order to flip through the illustrations on some of their product tests.

CL