Re: [tlug] Tokyo ISP Throttling? Why does my internet speed increase so much by setting up a proxy?

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 02:21:02PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> Raymond Wan writes:
>
> Or you could borrow the connectivity you already have.  One thing I do
> a lot is use SSH tunnels from home.[1]  It's possible to use these
> tunnels (or specialized applications) to set up a personal VPN.  Then
> you can (quite safely) reach your box at home from work without
> opening it up to all kinds of evil.

I frequently use x2go for that purpose. Far faster than ssh -X. I have a
small page about at https://srobb.net/nxreplace.html

On CentOS 6.x, it ran pretty much out of the box.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6